Terms of Reference
The purpose of the group is consultative.
The Main aims:
- To foster an active partnership between home and school
- To improve communication
- To act as a ‘sounding board’
- To suggest whole school improvements
- To gather feedback
- To gather information from the wider school community and to represent the voice of parents
- The group will meet once a term at different times to allow as many parents as possible to attend
- The headteacher or her representative will chair the meetings and take minutes
- Other members of staff/parents/speakers may be invited to attend for a specific reason.
- There is no maximum number
- Membership is open to all parents and membership from all year groups is encouraged
- Parents are free to choose to attend any meeting
- Governor representation is encouraged
Individual concerns/complaints need to be addressed with the class teacher/HT (following normal school procedure) and will not be discussed at the meetings. The names of individual children or members of staff will not be used at the meetings.